Sethdepot and Web Services
Tweetifle receives a file via eMail, puts it into
the file system and twitters the shortended URL along with the supplied text.
It can be run from the
file in the linux home directory of a mail server system.
See the source code for more information.
Get it from GitHub: https://github.com/sd2k9/tweetfile
Tweetdecay automatically deletes twitter tweets of a certain age (who is interested in old stuff anyway?) and the
associated tweetfile images.
Earthquakes JApan Report
- Using the data from Japan Meteorological Agency to feed a Twitter and Facebook account with earthquakes after they occur
- So you can be up-to-date when and where Earthquakes are happening in Japan
- Interval: 15 Minutes
- Running since: Oct 2010
- Deliberately not linking here. When you want to follow the Earthquakes JApan account and cannot find it just drop me a message and I will give you a pointer
Service currently disabled because of no users
There are some countries (like for example Japan) where you can get darn cheap mobile E-Mail flatrates, but no direct internet access.
So I took the challenge to write a small mail-to-web gateway to be at least able to query train timetables and basic web pages.
- Send a message to currently not public mailadress
- You are verified based on the sender name and a pre-defined password in the subject line
- You request a page by a line in the mail body of the format
DO command arguments
- The Output is returned as attachment to the reply adress associated with your account.
|| Just returns a Hello World message
|| Fetches the given web page
|| Queries Google with the given search string
|| Queries Google with given search string and returns the first result
|| Queries the German-Japanese Wadoku dictionary
|| Queries Norikae train time table
The argument for train
has the format
- Everything missing will be taken as current time
- String literal
TO. at beginning will select arrival-time instead of departure time
DO train TO.Tokyo.Miyaji - Timetable now from Tokyo to Miyaji
DO train TO.Tokyo.Miyaji.18.104.22.168 - Timetable from Tokyo to Miyaji on 5.45pm 20.Nov
- Attention: When you misspell the stations you will get an meaningless error message
German Umlaut-Replacements are performed
- Ae: Ä, Oe: Ö , Ue: Ü, ae: ä, oe: ö, ue: ü, sz: ß
Soo, how you can do the same? I am still in testing phase, so no public access possible.
Just drop the admin
a message and most likely he will add you
as an user.
The source code for contributed development is available at
Freshmeat project page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/mail2web
As this service is still beta, I am currently monitoring all accesses to be able to detect malfunctions.
Please be aware about this fact. If you dislike this let me know and I will inform you when I am discontinuing the monitoring.
Logwatch Filter for Drupal Syslog Messages
Write a drupal syslog filter for the logwatch
log analysis system.